- Increasing seller protection
- Improving your listing visibility
- Supporting your business
- International selling
Business Seller News - Autumn 2012
Checkout comments box optional
Currently, buyers can leave additional comments for the seller during checkout. While many sellers can adjust their orders based on these messages and want to offer this service, some may prefer to turn this option off if their business systems don’t support it.
In future, you'll be able to choose whether to show the checkout comments box or not by deselecting the option in My eBay. This will apply to all active and new listings in all formats from the time you make the change. If you’d like to keep the comments box, you don’t need to do anything.
Update: This new feature has been delayed. It will now be available by the end of June 2013.
What you need to do
BY END OF JUNE 2013
You can choose not to show a checkout comments box in your messaging preferences.
How to change the messaging preferences in My eBay
- Select Account in My eBay.
- Select Manage communication with buyers.
- Select ‘Edit’ in Manage questions and answers.
- Deselect the checkbox named Allow buyers to enter comments during checkout.