- Increasing seller protection
- Improving your listing visibility
- Supporting your business
- International selling
Business Seller News - Autumn 2012
Improvements to multi-variation listings
Multi-variation listings allow you to include variations of your products, such as colour or size, together in one listing, saving you time and money.
From 10 September, we’re improving the buyer experience, helping to drive sales and boost visibility. On the search results page, buyers will clearly be able to see:
- There are variations included in your listing.
- The price range.
- A photo of the item in the colour searched for.
From 31 October, we’re making it easier for you to list and manage multi-variation listings. These improvements include being able to add and rename variations and making it easier to add photos.
Later in the year, we’re also launching a free tool which will allow eBay to recommend listings to combine and create multi-variation listings for you without losing your sales history.
Start listing with variations now and we’ll inform you as soon as the improvements and listing tool launch later in the year.
What you need to do
If you have variations of a product, list them together in one multi-variation listing to save time and money.
The new multi-variation listing tool launches.
Benefits of multi-variation listings
- Easy to manage product inventory in one listing
- Access to multiple free pictures – download photo variations and only pay for the series of images with the most photos
- A single insertion fee covers the entire listing, including its variations
- Show buyers your entire selection for each product
- Save yourself time answering queries and placing listings
- Price each variation separately
- Cross-selling opportunities
Discover how listing with variations can help you save time and money.
Improvements to the buyer experience
Search results page in gallery view showing variations, colour swatches and price range
Illustrative only. The final design may differ.
Following feedback from sellers, we’ve made these improvements to the buyer experience:
- Buyers will be able to see that there are variations within your listing.
- They will see the price range of the products, instead of just the highest priced item.
- The search result will display a photo of the item in the colour searched for.
These changes are only for gallery view at this time. Changes to list view will appear later in 2012.
Coming soon: improvements to multi-variation listings
From 31 October, you will be able to edit your multi-variant listing without ending your listing, even if you have sales against them:
- Add new variations.
- Rename variations.
You can also create listings that are more relevant to your product variations:
- Add more specific information, for example, Petite – Size 10, Tall – Size 10 or Blue – Sky Blue, Blue – Navy.
We’re also making it simpler to create multi-variation listings:
- Easier to add pictures.
- Ability to bulk edit quantity.
Coming soon: multi-variation listing tool
From November, we’re launching a free tool to help you convert individual listings into a multi-variation listing:
- eBay will recommend which listings to combine into one multi-variation listing.
- You can also select listings to combine into one multi-variation listing.
- See a preview of your multi-variation listing.
- eBay will create the new multi-variation listing and end the individual listings for you.
Your new multi-variation listing will inherit the highest sales history of your individual listings.
Listing with variations
Roll over images to enlarge
Showing 1 - 3 of 4